28th SGIFF: Masterclass | Garin Nugroho
Known for his versatility and artistic vision, Garin Nugroho is known around the world for his captivating feature films, documentaries, theatre productions and more. Since his debut feature Love In A Slice of Bread in 1991, Nugroho has not ceased exploring different territories of artistic expression, from film criticism in Indonesia, to making a commissioned piece for the 250th anniversary of Mozart. However, his works are not merely art for art’s sake - they are also seen as commentaries on multiculturalism, politics, class division and various other social issues. In this rare masterclass, we find out what keeps Nugroho going in his artistic pursuit, how he imparts his knowledge to the younger generation and what he hopes to discover in the future.
Garin Nugroho is an award-winning director, writer and producer born in 1961 in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. His films have played to critical acclaim at many film festivals including Cannes, Tokyo, Berlin and Venice. He has also served as juror at other film festivals including Dubai, Busan and the SGIFF. His most recent work, Setan Jawa, was presented with an accompaniment of Western orchestral and live gamelan music, and has since travelled to Australia, Singapore, London and Holland. Aside from receiving the Legion of Honour from France, he is currently president of the Jogja NETPAC Asian Film Festival, now in its 12th year.
Official Website: sgiff.com
- A fully refundable fee of $5 is charged for each ticket booking.
- On the event, simply present the e-ticket at the Front-of-House desk. The refund will be processed electronically via Peatix. Otherwise, the ticket will be forfeited.
- Registration closes 3rd December 2017, 10am. Any cancellations must be made before the ticket cut-off date and time.
- Should the refund be done before the credit cardcut-off date, no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund appear separately on the credit card statement.
- Should the refund be done after the credit card cut-off date, Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice.
- Peatix accepts VISA, Master, Paypal and AMEX.
Full Offscreen Events: sgiff2017.peatix.com
Enquiries: +65 6509 4749 / email@example.com
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM SGT
- National Museum of Singapore
Free Seating (Refundable) SOLD OUT $5.00
- Venue Address
- 93 Stamford Road, 178897 Singapore